It was a few months ago the Comp-Tac eV2 holster showed up for review. Comp-Tac was acquired by High Speed Gear, which has a reputation of building quality accessories for law enforcement, military, and civilians.
eV2 stands for every day carry at 2 o’clock, being a tuckable inside the waistband kydex holster. The top of the holster is folded in such a way to allow for plenty of clearance of aftermarket sights.
The nylon belt clip is somewhat flexible but holds the holster secure. The Kick presses against your belt pushing the butt of the pistol toward you cutting down on any printing. The eV2 includes tensioning screws to set your holsters retention as you see fit.
The holster incorporates a relief for the magazine catch to prevent inadvertently depressing the magazine catch while carrying the pistol.
While I am aware appendix carry is not for everyone for those who favor that method of concealed carry the Comp-Tac Ev2 incorporates several features to set it apart from the sea of Kydex.
- Appendix Inside the Waistband Design for easy access
- Made of 100% Kydex®- Gives a smooth finish for easy draw and re-holster
- Retention Adjustment Screw provides perfect holster hold for each user
- Nylon Clip- strong design and gentle edges that will not damage clothing or belts
- Clip is Tuckable allowing shirt to be tucked in over gun
- Clip is height adjustable allowing gun to sit deeper or higher for Master Grip access
- Comp-Tac™ KICK provides pressure allowing grip to tilt into body for better concealment
- eV2™ is a minimalist design with smooth edges and gentle curves for ultimate comfort