In my opinion one of the most important parts of a firearm is the sights. I mean, unless you are an actor in Hollyweird, you are going to need those sights to make reliable accurate shots. Factory sights often leave a lot to be desired. With that in mind, it is always a good idea to consider how well your sights work for your needs and if you would benefit from different sights.
XS Sights has a stellar reputation for building high quality sights, and their newest pistol sights are the F8. It was about a month ago I got a set for a Glock 19 and immediately swapped out the Glock sights, which are marginal at best. Install was easy as all get out. XS supplies you the tool to remove the threaded fastener keeping the front sight in place. The rear sight can be driven out with a small hammer and brass punch, or a sight pusher if you have one handy.
The XS F8 rear sight is a pretty snug fit to the Glock slide but can be driven in, and XS was smart enough to include set screws in the top of the rear sight. Once you have it drifted in place and verified zero, tighten the set screws with the included tool and you will be good to go. XS also includes a small bottle of Red Loctite and I recommend you use it. After some 300 rounds downrange the sights stayed put and it was evident they were a much better option than the factory Glock sights.
The front sight is a Tritium lamp encircled by an orange photoluminescent dot. The orange outline provides quite a bit of contrast to the white dot and black sight. When stepping into a low or no light area, the orange also glows like Tritium, for a while. This is especially helpful to your eyes finding the front sight as they transition to less light.
The rear sight has a single Tritium lamp centered under the extra wide rear notch. This set up is a straight eight design, basically putting the front dot over the rear dot making an eight to get a fast and correct sight picture.
- Tritium Powered Front & Rear Sight – Glows in low light to aid in sight alignment
- Colored Front Sight Ring – Highly visible orange ring designed for maximum visibility in bright to low light levels
- Photoluminescent Ring – Photoluminescent particles absorb ambient light and glow in low light
- Wide Notch Rear Sight – Draws focus to top edges of sight for proper alignment
- Rear Sight Overhang – Reduces rear sight glare in bright daylight for greater sight definition
- Rear Sight Ledge – Aids in one-handed slide manipulations
- 10 Year Warranty – No Questions Asked Night Sight Warranty
- Easy Installation – Easily install by hand or sight pusher tool
- Wide Rear Sight Gap – Increases the amount of light around the front sight for greater visibility in low light
- Figure 8 Sight Picture – Fool proof alignment prevents shooters from mixing up the front and rear sight
- MSRP $142
Glock 17, 19, 22-24, 26, 27, 31-36, 38
Glock 20, 21, 29, 30, 30S, 37, 40, & 41
Glock 42 & 43
Sig P225, P226, P228, P229, P320
Springfield Armory XD, XDM, & XDS
Coming in January 2018:
S&W M&P Full Size & Compact
S&W M&P Shield