A few months ago a friend of mine, retired law enforcement and a proper gun guy, went to work with Powertac. He asked if he could send me a Warrior G4 tactical flashlight to look over. I have shot with this guy, and I know he knows his stuff, so I accepted. The Warrior was sent along with a Tactical Weapon Package, allowing the flashlight to be mounted to a rifle’s Picatinny Rail.
The Warrior ships with a sturdy lanyard and plastic holster. One of my favorite features is the light is duel fuel, shipping with a rechargeable Li-ion battery that recharges without removing the battery via a magnetic USB cord. You can also use CR 123A batteries if need be.
The end cap contains the on/off switch on the back and a small button to cycle through the six modes. Those modes are described below.
The lanyard attaches to a ledge positioned for ease of use of the light.
The weapon mount firmly attaches the light to a standard Picatinny Rail and swaps out the end cap to a remote switch. The remote switch still allows for a constant or momentary on with the sample placement of the button to cycle through the modes.
After running the flashlight for a few months, I am quite satisfied with it. There were no issues with the light or recharging the battery. I appreciate the robust build of the light and the small touches such as the lanyard, removable clip, not having to remove the battery to charge it, and the six modes. I can honestly say the Firefly and High were the two modes I liked and used the most. Adding the weapon mounting system gives the light a bit more versatility, so you have a flashlight and weapon-mounted light without having to buy multiple lights. I think Powertac has a winner with this next generation Warrior flashlight.
- Utilizes a Cree XHP70 White LED latest LED that enables the Warrior to produce an amazing 4200 lumen at the brightest level.
- 5 different brightness modes for different lighting needs and different battery runtime.
- Produces a super long throw up to 214 meters combined with an impressive flood light to illuminate objects at both long and close distances.
- Offers an intuitive, friendly user interface for effortless utility.
- Provides quick access to multiple general illumination modes and strobe feature through an intelligently designed interface for tactical and self-defense uses.
- Features an auto-memorization for direct on/off access to all brightness levels plus strobe.
- Unique digital circuit control technology to maximize battery life and consistent light output performance.
- Protects electronics against damage caused by improper battery installation through a reverse polarity protection circuit.
- Assures long-lasting performance using body-parts made from aircraft-grade aluminum.
- Maintains its appearance through extreme weather and rugged treatment with a tough, durable Type III anodized finish.
- Includes a lens made of tempered glass with a double-sided coating that resists breakage or scratching on impact while maximizing light output.
- Preserves LED and electronic components with a superior heat sink designed for quick heat dispersion.
- Resists water damage by a precision O-ring sealed design to provide reliable use in extreme conditions.
- Advanced ergonomic design with anti-slip knurling and matte style finish for a firm grip.
- Incorporates a built-in removable pocket clip.
- Operates easily in tactical situations using a push button side switch that is built into the tail cap.
- Defends against physical attack with a crenelated bezel on both the head and tail cap for self-defense uses
- Weapon mountable with optional remote pressure switch.
- Includes a high quality engineered plastic holster designed to fit belts of various sizes.
- LED type: Cree XHP70 White LED
- Battery: (1) 18650 HIGH DISCHARGE Rechargeable Li-ion or (2) CR123A. NOT compatible with RCR123A / 16340
- Length: 151.9 mm.
- Bezel diameter: 36.5 mm.
- Body diameter: 25.4 mm.
- Weight: 152 g (without battery).
Illumination / Runtime:
|Output||0.72Lumen||333 Lumens||790 Lumens||1430 Lumens||4200 Lumens||830 Lumens|
|Runtime||60 days||15 hrs||5.06 hrs||1.23 hrs||1.23 hrs||3.05 hrs|